What is methyl-sulfonyl-methane?
Methyl-sulfonyl-methane, more commonly known as MSM, is a popular dietary supplement used to treat a wide range of symptoms.
It is a sulfur-containing compound found naturally in plants, animals and humans. It can also be produced in the laboratory to create dietary supplements in powder or capsule form.
MSM is widely used in alternative medicine and by people looking for a natural way to relieve joint pain, reduce inflammation and boost immunity.
In addition, research supports its use in the treatment of a number of diseases ranging from arthritis to rosacea.
Sulphur, along with calcium and phosphorus, is one of the most common minerals in the body. It is naturally present in food. However, sometimes the level of sulfur in food can be drastically reduced by the freezing of food, making it necessary to take food supplements to cover all the body’s needs for this valuable product.
What is the role of methyl-sulfonyl-methane in the body?
Like other essential nutrients for the body, methylsulfonylmethane plays an important role in the proper functioning of the body. It is considered one of the main dietary supplements used in the detoxification of the body from various heavy metals. The presence of heavy metals can cause serious diseases such as liver and lung cancer. In addition, this MSM has several other beneficial effects on the body.
- Strengthens the immune system and helps the connective tissues to properly protect the tissues and various organs of our body.
- Helps maintain healthy skin, hair and nails.
- Contributes to the elimination of heavy metals and toxins from the body.
- Reduces inflammation and can be used as a calming agent for joint pain.
- Methyl-sulfonyl-methane is also used to reduce snoring and to relieve and heal sports injuries.